Due to the fast growing number of home port passengers, and the bigger capacity of the ships, Creuers del Port de Barcelona, the current concessionaire of the Terminal, has decided to demolish the existing cruise Terminal A and build a new one, prepared to operate the future mega cruise ships.
Project included the expansion from 3.600 m2 to over 6.200 m2, and incorporates last requeriments concerning security, comfort. Fast passengers and luggage processing and architectural image. Gangways offer wharfand luggage conveyors will ensure passengers not to be mixed with trucks, forklitfs and handling staff.
Total investment made by Creuers del Port de Barcelona is near €15 milion. Demolition works started November 2006 and the Terminal was ready in 2008. The total project fully complies with ISPS regulations (International Ship and Port Security Code).
- Indoor Area: 6,500 m2
- Berthing line: 1.379 m
- Ship length: no limit
- Draught: 11 m
- Wharf width: 22 m
- Wharf height: 2.1 m
- Turnaround: 4,500 pax.
- Distance to city: 2 km.
- Police Immigration
- Metal detectors
- X-ray machines
- Air conditioning
- Passenger gangways
- Luggage conveyors
- Public telephones
- Foreign exchange
- Duty free shops
- Souvenir shops
- VIP lounge
- Parking area for private transfers
- Shuttle bus to city centre
- Taxi rank
- Luggage delivery to final destination
- Seamless airlines check-in
- The leading European cruiser port and a Mediterranean turnaround base
- 7 international passenger terminals
- Wide range of specialised companies in the sector
- Leaders in security and specific logistics for cruise traffic
- Major private investments in specialised terminals
- Consolidation of the city-port relations
- Medcruise member, The Association of Mediterranean Cruise Ports
Recommended parking: World Trade Center
Tel. 93 508 80 62
Coordinates GPS: 41º 22' 17" N - 2º 10' 54" E Parking World Trade Center